Sunday, February 23, 2014

MFT WSC #164 - You Inspire Me

My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club #164 sketch features a simple vertical banner with an elegant label.  This sketch is also recommended for making multiples/ sets.  I saw some really nice cards from the other participants, so be sure to check out the MFT blog post.  

I'm loving the colour mint green right now.  My camera/lighting doesn't do this card justice.  Hope to improve my photo-taking skills this year!  


Using MFT dies from the Well-Worn Greetings, Framed Greetings, and Layered Label Die-namics, I cut out the different dies and layered them.  Don't be afraid to mix the sets.  :)  I needed to do so in order to get a big enough oval for my sentiment.  But I like switching the dies up and seeing how they work together.  Layer the dies on top of each other (so they are nesting in each other) to see how it looks.  

All of the pieces are scraps from an other project I was working on.  I can't throw anything out.  I try to keep in with the paper pad, but sometimes I put pieces in my scrap folders.  All of my pieces were from the AC Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection.  For the finishing touch, I added a couple of mint green enamel dots on either side of the sentiment.  


This card is definitely going to someone special!  :o)

Thanks for checking in and have a scrappy week.
Cheers, Sherri

Supplies:  Paper - AC Dear Lizzy Neapolitan; Dies - MFT Well-Worn Greetings, Framed Greetings, Layered Label, and Fishtail Flag STAX Die-Namics; Stamps - MFT My Favorite Stamps; MME Winter Wonderland Enamel Dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment