Sunday, February 16, 2014

Shabby Chic Card

I was inspired today to do something shabby chic.  Truthfully, I'm not that great at doing this style.  I adore it and always am in awe of my fellow crafters who make such wonderful pieces.  If one wants to improve, one must practice.  And practice I shall!  So I decided to make a card that I will enter for the Mojo Monday 332 challenge and the Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge (scroll down for pictures below).

I've done a lot of ink and staining using various techniques (fancy ones like rubbing and dripping, lol…).  I actually decided to do the Lindy's challenge when I chose my lady card because of the colors in it.  I am a big fan of purple, and although I could have went with pink, I decided to substitute for a more purply colour.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Stain in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Tumbled Glass on the tag and lady card.  I created some rough edges on the lady card by using my Tim Holtz distressing tool.    In hindsight, I probably could have done more rough edges on the tag too.  But I will learn.    From Lindy's, I used Starburst Stains in Creme Brûlée, Baby Blue Eyes Blue Gold, and Magnolia Magenta Gold on the card base, tag, and seam binding (which was originally baby pink).  I also used Creme Brûlée Magical Mica Powder on the doily and tag.  I love the shimmer!


My twine was too thick for my button, so I separated it into two pieces and used one on the button and one of the tag.

I decided to add some rhinestones to the headlights…just for fun!  And I added a sentiment, 'Just Fabulous', because I didn't really want to make it for anything in particular.  I made this with a scrappy friend in mine.  :)  Oh, if you are wondering about stamping on vellum, just use Brilliance and let it sit a  few minutes.

Here is the sketch.  Details available by clicking here.


And the colour challenge can be found here.


Thanks for the fun challenges!

Have a scrappy Sunday!

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment