Sunday, March 9, 2014

Egg-cellent

It's never too late to use a sketch/inspirational photo, even if the challenge is over.  I missed making my card for the Cure for the Monday Blues #7… :(  But I still had to create.  It was a super awesome pic this week, filled with lots of different jumping places.  The thing the caught my eye most with the egg with mustache (How cute is it?)  So that is what I sat down to use.


For both cards, I used the Lifestyle Crafts Quickutz Mustaches die along with this adhesive flocked paper sent to me by my mom.  The card bases are made with MFT Banana Split and the pattern paper comes from the Authentique blissful collection.

For the first card, I cut an egg die cut using the PTI Scrambled Eggs die and popped it up with foam dots from The Sticky Store.  I stamped the letters in the sentiment individually using the Paper Smooches Alphadot.  The line also comes with that stamp set and was stamped with Distress  Ink in Squeezed Lemon.  The second card uses four more mustaches popped up on a matted rectangular base.  It is enough to make you smile.  :) I pieced the paper together and used some mustache tape on the gap.  It made my dad smile when I showed him it on Skype this morning.




Love the fun challenge photos they put up, so be sure to check them out this week!  

Sherri

Supplies - Lifestyle Crafts Quickutz Mustaches Die; PTI Scrambled Eggs Die;  Brilliance Graphite Black Ink; TH Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade; MFT Banana Split Cardstock; Autentique Blissful; Washi Tape.

1 comment:

  1. Sherri, I am so glad you commented on my post to bring me here! You are totally right - it is never too late to use an inspiration piece - and I am so glad my challenge stuck with you and gave you a jumpstart to create these two awesome cards! The moustaches are utterly fabulous (and I'm guessing they have a great texture too from the flocked paper) and that first card especially has me beaming! Even though you missed the deadline - thank you so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete