Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Grateful for You

I tried out Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday technique today - making a one-layer card.  I was so excited to finally use The Sweet Life stamp set.  It's gorgeous and lovely and knew it would make beautiful layers.  I went for colour in the shade closest to my heart, purple, of course.  I was able to match up the colours nicely with the help of my colour guide and went with Distress Ink Shaded Lilac, Stampin Up Lovely Lilac (retired), and Memento Grape jelly.  The distress ink was kind of splotchy, but I kinda like the effect it made.  My leaves were stamped with Memento Pear Tart and Stampin Up Pear Pizzazz.  The sentiment comes from the Gratitude Journal set.  I think this is my favorite card of the year so far.  It will definitely be going to someone special.  :)

Cheers, Sherri




6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. The roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the rmoses. Very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the colour and flowers and leaves looks so real. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Sherri! Your stamping is perfect and I love purple and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. The roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete