Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #3 - Pastel Eggs

It's time for another Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge.  For the third installment, the theme is Pastel Eggs.  We are asking you to use pastels.  Adding eggs is an option, but not necessary.  I, personally, couldn't wait to do something for Easter and definitely decided on using them.

I had went to Yuzawaya with the aim of picking up some styrofoam eggs.  And I was in luck.  Not only did they have what I was looking for, it was fairly inexpensive and there were a huge selection of them ranging from teeny tiny to massive, what would you do with that ones.  I recommend going here for anyone in Japan.  :) Plus you can use the members card and save.

There are so many ways to decorate Easter eggs.  Every year I do something different, with real eggs.  I was thinking of what I would do with my new fake ones and thought I would try out tissue paper and washi.  I even did a few glitter ones too.

Last fall, we went for a drive to Atami and I bought some snacks for my coworkers that came in these cute eggs carton type boxes.  To be honest, I bought them specifically for the packaging…but when you are a crafter, that is totally understandable.

So here is my altered egg carton box with tissue paper eggs.



I covered the packaging from my Pink Paislee tissue paper with Echo Park's Easter Lilies paper and scored it to place around the box.  I added a doily from Seria and a sticker from the Echo Park Happy Easter collection, to which I added a diecut circle and part of a banner from MFT that I inked using VersaMagic Pixie Dust.  I stamped 'happy easter' from PTI's Scrambled Eggs set in VersaMagic Pretty Petunia.  In my diecut stash, I had a pre-made flower (made using a cherry blossom punch from Daiso, a half-backed pearl and stickles).  I added the cherry blossom to the top and using some Twinery Buttercream to wrap around and tie.


Inside, I added some Echo Paper Easter Words paper to the top and popped up the basket and eggs from the sticker sheet.


I only had kraft straw, so I made my own straw by trimming thin pieces of pastel paper and then crimped it.  On top of that, I added my tissue paper eggs.



I made a video of how I made my eggs, so please take a look.


You could even fill the box with candy or other goodies.  I even found some crafty egg carton swap pics where they added ribbon etc.  Cool idea!


Here are the cards I made:


The chick one, front and inside -


The rabbit, front and inside (I show a process in my video) -




Please drop by the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge and check out the other projects from the rest of the girls, as well as the participants.  Thanks so much for dropping by!

Sherri

Supplies:  Pink Paislee Tissue Paper; Echo Park Happy Easter paper and stickers; PTI Scrambled Eggs Stamp Set and Die Collection; PTI Tiny Tags; Unity Stamp; VersaMagic Pixie Dust and Pretty Petunia; The Twinery Buttercream; Seria Doily; Daiso Punch; MFT Scalloped Banner Die-namics; Circle Die; EK Success 1'' and 3/4'' Punches; Carla Craft 7mm Punch, MME Enamel Dots.  

1 comment:

  1. Your eggs are so cute, watched the video very good instructions. Love your cute there so cute.

    ReplyDelete