Friday, March 14, 2014

Say Cheese

A lot of times I pull stamps that I want to use, then I leave them on my desk or stamping cart for the next time I make a card.  Nothing goes unused that way.  :)  Sometimes it just takes a little longer to get to.  So this time I wanted to use my MFT Behind the Camera stamp set and die.  I combined challenges to create an awesome card (in my opinion):  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #210, Cure for the Monday Blues #8 - Pastel with Pop; and CAS-ual Fridays #129 - 2 Shades of Grey (I think I used at least three).  The challenges were all inspiring!


I loved choosing greys and pastel colours.  Although there isn't a huge pop on this card (as per CFTMB), I still feel it kept with the theme.


I used part of the die from PTI's Fabulous Frames and stamped my sentiment inside.  I was going to layer over top of the camera, but the camera and frame are both so big, it took up too much space.  When I layered the paper on the front of the camera, I thought it would look cute to leave the word ''Happy'' exposed.

I cut out a heart from glitter paper and popped it up on the middle of the lens.  I just love that look.




Underneath everything on the right side, I did some chevron stamping using my Brilliance Moonlight White with Lawn Fawn's Chevron Backdrops.  I cut out some little polaroids and layered them in the top right corner and did some arrow stamping.


Wouldn't this card be perfect for passing along photos to a friend?  Or adding a nice photo and message to a special someone.



Thanks for checking out my post!  Have a fun day and don't forget to take a photo!

Cheers, Sherri

Supplies:
Stamps:  MFT - Behind the Camera; Lawn Fawn - Chevron Backdrops; Amy Tangerine Stamp #59161
Dies:  MFT Behind the Camera; PTI Fabulous Frames
Ink:  Brilliance - Graphite Black; Brilliance - Moonlight White; Stampin Up - Blushing Bride
Paper:  Dear Lizzy - 5th&Frolic and Neapolitan; Studio Calico
Other:  Doodletwine - Grey; Basic Grey Rhinestones.








3 comments:

  1. Such a great mix of patterns and what a fun composition with the camera too! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous composition, as Taheerah says and beautiful layering of patterned papers! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layering--I love that camera! Thanks so much for joining us at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete