Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #2 - Mint Chocolate

Mint Chocolate…doesn't that sound yummy?  Of course, the colours mint and chocolate brown look great together too.  So the second challenge for March at the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge blog is to incorporate those two colours.  For my piece, I decided to use chevron borders by cutting out mint and brown paper using MFT Chevron Border.  I used the edge of the negative to add to the bottom.


I used more mint than chocolate, so it wouldn't be too dark.  Then I diecut and punch circles to make an overlaying border at the top of the chevrons, sort of like in the nail inspiration photo on the challenge blog.  I stamped my sentiment using Stampin Up Chocolate Chip :) (perfect, right?)


I die cut a star and glued it onto a white piece of paper.  Then adding glossy accents, I added Martha Stewart glitter in green agate. After letting it dry, I reapplied glue and glitter where the bald spots were.  It helped to brush away the glitter with a paintbrush.  I popped the final star up and called it done.  If you are a fan of mint and chocolate, don't forget to swing by the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge blog.

FYI…I will be posting soon featuring a pack of Mint Chocolate Project Life cards I created.
Here's a few sneak peeks…



Have a good day!
Sherri

Card Supplies:
MFT - At the Movies Stamp Set; MFT - Stacking Stars and Chevron Stripes Die-namics; PTI - Movers & Shakers:  Spinners Die; EK Success 3/4'' Punch; Carla Craft 7mm Hole Punch; Martha Stewart Green Agate Glitter; Stampin Up Chocolate Chip Ink.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice well designed card. pretty pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of chevron and circle image. Lovely card!! I am so curious about your Mint Chocolate Project Life cards. They look super cool!!

    ReplyDelete