Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sugar & Spice - And all Things Crafty 1st Challenge!!!

I wanted to create a challenge that my friends and all could work on together at the same time.  It's fun to work on a similar project and be able to share our work.  So I am starting a crafty challenge that anyone can join and upload their photos too.  Head on over to the new site Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge for more details on how to enter.

The first theme is Rainbows!

I created two cards for the challenge.  The first one is more in your face with its neon rainbow glitter.  It's my favourite!  My YT friend, TheCoffeeMommy, sent me this a while back and it holds a special place in my glitter container.  Using some sticky stars from The Sticky Stuff Store, I randomly placed them and glitter by colour I sprinkled a rainbow patterned.  Believe me, this is very satisfying!  I used my heat gun to set this a bit and I think it helps with the fall-out.  A simple banner and the word ''Smile''  popped on some Grapesicle cardstock completes it.  I decided to included the sentiment 'A Rainbow is a Promise' on the inside as well.  :)

Here's me having fun!









The inside of the card:

On my second card I used some enamel dots for a subtle rainbow look.  I had to use my newest stamp that I got from Butterfly Reflections Ink because unicorns are awesome!  By masking, it looks like the unicorn is moving.  I just stamped off the page before stamping again.  I added a gem to his bottom :o) and some Aqualips to his hooves and horn.





You can enter a direct link with the InLinkz tool to participate in the challenge and win some goodies!  Click here to be taken to the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge and see more from the other ladies!

Loved this challenge and I hope you will play along!

Sherri

Supplies:  Stamp Sets - Paper Smooches Spectrum, MFT Behind the Camera, MFT The Great Outdoors; Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Graphite Black; Cardstock - MFT Grapesicle; Aqualips Gel Pen; MME Enamel Dots; Die - First Place Ribbon; Recollections Bling; Sticky Stuff; Glitter;

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Sherri! i did not even realize you used the red dot sticky tape for your card! how neat! love the colors you chose on it too. I have never seen the "moving" stamping technique before! how fun!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri I love both of cards. Every time I learn new technique from you I'm so amazed and makes me to try too. Thank you Sherri for all the effort to make a new blog. You did wonderful job and I really had fun participating it!! I'm also thankful to have a chance to know great talented two new friends on this project. Thank YOU!!

    ReplyDelete