Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #4

 Yay, it's that time again for the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge!!  Challenge #4 is themed ''April Showers Brings May Flowers''.  Please interpret that how you like.  You can check out some inspiration and the guidelines on the challenge post here.

Guess what??  Our challenge is sponsored this time around!!  And by none other than Butterfly Reflections Ink!


Vanessa has offered to send something that will totally go with this theme and something I want myself.  It's the new Hello Spring by Pink Paislee.  The winner of this challenge will receive a 6x6 paper pad, stamp set, and puffy stickers from the collection.  I hope this in motivation to get creative!



Here is my card for the challenge.  I am in love with it.  The papers come from Glitz Hello Friend and MME Honey Cake 6x6 paper pads.  Aren't the clouds in the background cool?  I used my MFT ALM The Rainbow Will Come Stamp along with Lawn Fawn Say Cheese for a great combination.  The sentiment comes from MFT The Great Outdoors, which has a lot of sentiments for rain, clouds, rainbows, and sunshine.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink for all my stamping, except the polaroid which is stamped in Memento Summer Sky.  


I used my MFT Mini Monarch Border Die-namics and layered four die cuts to get this gorgeous texture here.  My banner comes from MFT First Place Ribbon Die-namics.  I added a pink button and twine from Queen & Co. 


I stamped my image on Neenah Solar White cardstock and coloured her face, hair, hands, pants, and umbrella pole using my copic markers.  I stamped the jacket and umbrella on paper from the Honey Cake pad.  I used my colics to shade.  Lastly I added some tiny pearls to her jacket buttons.


Be sure to swing visit the site to check out all the other projects from our design members, as well as see the entries!  Thanks for dropping by!

Supplies:  MFT ALM The Rainbow Will Come; MFT Mini Monarch Border; MFT The Great Outdoors; Lawn Fawn Say Cheese; Queen & Co. Twine; Prima Pearls; Glitz Hello Friend; MME Honey Cake; Copic Markers; The Sticky Store Foam Adhesive; Tombow Multi Glue; Button; MFT First Place Ribbon Die-namics.

3 comments:

  1. I love your card!! I love the idea layering die cuts and it does look gorgeous! Paper design you used for the umbrella and the jacket are pretty. Now I want to have a jacket and an umbrella like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) I did the boots too, but ended up covering them up because they didn't fit in the polaroid. :) Thanks, Mariko!

      Delete
  2. Sherri this card is just way too cute, love it. You did an awesome job, love the layering of your die cut. Your stamping is so neat.

    ReplyDelete