Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #5 - Mixed Patterns!

Hi, scrappers!  It's time for the challenge to start again.  This week's challenge was chosen by our design member, Mariko, who wanted us to try using different patterns together.  I thought this is a fun, potentially tricky, but really  not hard task…don't be deterred by it.  At first I was like, what am I gonna do.  During my time off, I have been doing a lot of pinning and I saw a few 12x12 LO sketches that would be great for using different patterns.  So today's project uses a sketch from PageMaps.  (That is totally okay to use your own sketch, don't forget.)  And although I like doing my own LOs…sometimes it's just fun/easy to try out someone's ideas and adapt them to your own.  Plus I kinda like to think that is what the sketch was created for…otherwise it would feel sad not being used.  Enough said…  here is the sketch:


And here is my LO.  I used all products from the Pink Paislee Hello Sunshine collection - paper, ephemera, and chipboard stickers.  I loved everything.


I turned the layout on its side and chose to add a sun where the circle is and include cluster of flowers with a nice die-cut sun.

In the rectangle opposite the photo, I also chose to add a sentiment square for my title, and layered a couple of border strips and added some hearts along with another flower.

Here is the main section.  You can see my use of different patterns together.

While I was creating this LO, I saw some pretty red flowers and I thought of a selfie I took this past winter that would be perfect.  


Here are some more pics:  




So, I was happy this challenge inspired me to do another layout!  I love how they both turned out!  

Be sure to swing on by Sugar and Spice and check out the other member's projects, challenge details, as well as entries!  Thanks so much for checking my post out!





4 comments:

  1. Sherri love your layouts. This challenge was a lot of fun. Can't wait for next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Sheri!! I always love your LOs and wish I could do like yours!! Love love your second LO!! Of course I love the first one too but red background paper and your red scarf give me so much impact and a picture of your selfie is SUPER PRETTY!! And adding gesso behind your picture is just perfect!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri love love the second selfie layout of you. Is that what you used is gesso, adore the look. I'm going to try this on a future lo or even in one of my wedding album, think it would look great done with blk back ground and gesso. I know i'm a copy cat...but it's so pretty. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow sherri your layouts are so pretty! love love love the red one!! and the pic is so nice!! i don't remember you showing that pic :) i like that you changed up the sketch layout to make it your own!

    ReplyDelete