Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #7 - Patriotic

''True Patriot Love''…a section taken from my national anthem, O Canada.  I have made my cards today for the new Sugar and Spice Patriotic Challenge with this in mind.  Only a few cards, simple and sweet, as an expression of my nation's love.


The first incorporates some maple brads, sent from my mom, as an emblem of the national flag, the Maple Leaf.  I added some odd gemstones and pearls to represent the Canadian peoples' uniqueness and sparkle.   And using an alphabet set, I individually stamped out the letter's of our anthem's name.  



The second card using a Mimi Inuit (eskimo is taboo) and seal pup.  I paired it with a cute Studio G stamp that reads 'this way to Canada' along with an arrow pointing north.  Call this a stereotype, perhaps what our less-educated neighbours to the north imagine (I have heard some crazy stuff first-hand!)  We do not live in igloos, nor do we have snow year-round - in fact, we have four distinct seasons.  So this Mimi, indeed, is a friend of mine…and my neighbour of the north.  She's watercoloured and layered on black along with some corrugated board.  



My third card mostly incorporates the colours of red and white.  I wanted to do something impartial. :)  It was a lot of fun stamping with hexagons.  I made the sentiment 'Happy Days' and tied on a piece of sheer ribbon.  


Since I took footage of the process making all three cards, I'll edit my video and upload to the makescrappygoodness channel and link here once done.  :)

I am so very curious to see what all the other participants are coming up with…it was so much fun thinking about cards to represent my home country!  It really makes me want to go home for a visit!!  Wish I could celebrate July 1st together with friends and family!  

Click here to be taken to the challenge post and see what others have created for this theme.  

Happy Canada Day!
(And Fourth of July too (^_~)!)

Sherri


Supplies:

Oh Canada - Cardstock (Simon Says, Other); Bling (Hero Arts Earth Mixed Accents, Kaiser Basics); Stamp (MFT Mini Banner Day Alphabet); Ink (Memento Tuxedo Black).

This Way to Canada - Cardstock (Simon Says, Other); Corrugated Board; Stamp (Mimi's Winter Friends, Studio G); Ink (Memento Tuxedo Black and Ladybug); Watercolour Pencils (Faber-Castell 130, 132, 154, 177, 179, 182, 187, 199, 219). 

Happy Days - Cardstock (Simon Says, Other); Stamp (PTI Happy Hexagons Mini Stamp Set); Ink (Memento Ladybug); Ribbon.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment